Should You Fire Your Chief Marketing Officer?
According to a Forrester Research study, 37% of CEOs will put their chief marketing officer (CMO) first in the firing line if revenue goals are not met. If the CMO or the lead marketing executive is not able to master the skill set they need to understand and use new technology, new marketing channels, and to analyze massive amounts of data, they will not be helping their cause.
At the end of this session, you’ll be able to:
- Understand changing role of the CMO (or lead marketing executive)
- Explain the emerging skill set every marketing executive should possess
- Recognize why ROI should drive the CMO’s actions and decisions
- Grasp where the marketing executive should focus time and resources
- Answer whether or not your CMO is allocating budget to the right channels
- Determine if your marketing executive is setting the organization up for future success by focusing on an ‘owned’ audience
- Know when the CEO is really the one to blame